CBI to conclude investigation in CMO murder case by March 31
Lucknow: The CBI today told the Allahabad High Court that it would conclude investigation in the murder case of two Chief Medical Officers V K Arya and B P Singh by March 31.
The agency told the Lucknow bench of the court that it had got required information from the state STF and it would conclude the probe by March 31.
The division bench of justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Ashok Pal Singh asked the CBI to give this submission on an affidavit in the court by tomorrow.
Earlier, dissatisfied with the affidavit of progress report of investigation into the murder of two CMOs, the bench had on January 18 directed the CBI to file a better affidavit.
The CBI, in its earlier affidavit, stated that "on September 12, 2012 the STF UP provided a hard disc containing around 1.50 lakh voice files of conversations recorded from monitored calls of various persons whose numbers were put under surveillance during the course of investigation. Those available and provided by them include conversations of the suspects\accused persons."
The CBI had said that the data was being analysed and conversations were being verified and it could take another two months to follow the leads obtained and complete the field investigations.
The CBI today informed the court that around 70 per cent data of voice samples has been analysed.
The agency said further data on surveillance has been sought from the STF that may be available in the hard disk.
"It is submitted that subject to timely receipt of further data available with them (police), we would make effort to conclude the investigation by March 31," it said in its affidavit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader