CCTVs to be installed in UP girls` colleges
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered installation of CCTV cameras at the entry gates of all girl`s colleges and hostels, an official said on Thursday.
The decision came after discussions in a higher level meeting presided over by Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan.
"The state government is worried over the rising incidences of molestation and sexual assaults and took the initiative," home department officials said here.
Principal Secretary (home department) Neeraj Gupta issued orders Wednesday night for installation of CCTV cameras at entry gates, college premises, hostel gates of all the girls`s colleges for security reasons.
The order applies to all government, and private colleges in the state, an official told IANS.
A month deadline has been fixed for the installation of the cameras. All the college managements have been asked to monitor the video footages on a daily basis. In case they spot trouble makers, they have been asked to inform police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users