Celebratory firing by constable, guard kills two at Faizabad
Faizabad: Two persons were today killed
in celebratory firing by a police constable and a private
security guard, who were allegedly in an inebriated state,
during a wedding here, police said here.
Constable Ramanand has been arrested while the other
accused Mithilesh Kumar is absconding, a police spokesman
The victims Devi Prasad Sharma and Dilip Kumar Mishra,
both in early fourties, died on the spot.
The incident occurred in the house of Ghanshyam Sharma
during the marriage ceremony of his daughter in Kalandarpur
Ramanand, posted at Musafirkhana police station of
Sultanpur district, and one his associate Mithilesh Kumar, who
is a private security guard, were attending the function from
the groom`s side and fired repeatedly from their licenced 12
bore single barrel guns.
"When they were loading the guns, the barrels instead
of being raised towards the sky, were pointed towards the
guests. Two bullets hit the two persons who were also from the
groom`s side," police spokesman Ram Naresh Yadav said.
Taking a serious view of the incident, senior police
officials have warned of stern action against those indulging
in such acts.
Those firing from illegal weapons would be put behind
bars and license holders will face cancellation of their
permits, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption