Central team to visit Muzaffarnagar relief camps
New Delhi: A Central team comprising officials from Ministry of Minority Affair and National Commission for Protection of Child Rights along with doctors will visit the relief camps in Muzaffarnagar tomorrow to probe the reported deaths of children due to cold.
NCPCR chairperson Kushal Singh, director of Ministry of Minority Affairs Mohammad Afzal and Dr V K Jain, senior resident doctor of Ram Manohar Lohia hospital will meet the chairperson and members of the Child Welfare Committee in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar and Shamli district on Wednesday.
Later, in the day, they will visit the camps to assess the situation.
"There are reports about more than 40 children having died there because of the cold due to lack of proper arrangements. It is a matter of grave concern for us and children or people dying due to cold is not really acceptable," said Kushal Singh.
She further said that member of the Commission had visited the relief camps two months ago and had recommended the authorities in-charge to make the proper arrangements for the approaching winter.
"Despite the recommendation, it seems adequate measures have not been taken. We will hold meetings the Chairperson and members of the Child Welfare Committee along with carrying out an inspection of relief camps to assess the situation of children in the relief camps of Shamli and Muzaffarnagar," Singh said.
Singh had recently met the Minority Affairs Minister to discuss the issue following which the Committee was constituted to visit the relief camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand