Centre asks UP govt to tighten security
New Delhi: In the backdrop of the communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar, the Centre has asked the Uttar Pradesh government to tighten security across the state as VHP`s `84 Kosi Yatra` comes to an end on Friday.
The Home Ministry has cautioned the state government that in view of the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar, charged communal atmosphere is prevailing in many parts of Uttar Pradesh and administration needs to be fully alert.
Therefore, the state government must take ample precautions against any trouble brewing on the communal front, official sources said.
The Home Ministry told the Uttar Pradesh government that undesirable elements may try to disturb peace and adequate forces must be deployed in all sensitive places to maintain peace, the sources said.
Saints and seers under the banner of VHP proposed to undertake 15 days yatra between August 25 to September 13, but it was not permitted by the state government on the ground that it would start a new tradition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic