Centre asks UP govt to tighten security
New Delhi: In the backdrop of the communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar, the Centre has asked the Uttar Pradesh government to tighten security across the state as VHP`s `84 Kosi Yatra` comes to an end on Friday.
The Home Ministry has cautioned the state government that in view of the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar, charged communal atmosphere is prevailing in many parts of Uttar Pradesh and administration needs to be fully alert.
Therefore, the state government must take ample precautions against any trouble brewing on the communal front, official sources said.
The Home Ministry told the Uttar Pradesh government that undesirable elements may try to disturb peace and adequate forces must be deployed in all sensitive places to maintain peace, the sources said.
Saints and seers under the banner of VHP proposed to undertake 15 days yatra between August 25 to September 13, but it was not permitted by the state government on the ground that it would start a new tradition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested