Centre had given all help to UP for Kumbh: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Urging the state and Union government to work together to avoid any mishap at Kumbh in the future, Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Saturday said that the Centre had extended all possible help for organising the Mela.
"The deaths in the stampede at the Allahabad railway station are sad incident, but this is not the time for the Centre and the state government to blame each other. It is the time for the two to work together to ensure the safety of the devotees at the mela," Jaiswal said at a press conference ahead of the inauguration of the renovated Congress headquarters at the Tilak Hall.
The hall will be inaugurated tomorrow by Motilal Bora while the chief of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Nirmal Khatri will preside over the function, said the Congress MP from Kanpur.
"The Centre had provided all possible help to the state government for the organisation of the Kumbh Mela," he added.
In reply to a query about the alleged helicopter scam, Jaiswal said that the deal was being probed and the government was ready to take the right decision.
"Defence Minister AK Antony and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are very honest leaders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi