Centre had given all help to UP for Kumbh: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Urging the state and Union government to work together to avoid any mishap at Kumbh in the future, Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on Saturday said that the Centre had extended all possible help for organising the Mela.
"The deaths in the stampede at the Allahabad railway station are sad incident, but this is not the time for the Centre and the state government to blame each other. It is the time for the two to work together to ensure the safety of the devotees at the mela," Jaiswal said at a press conference ahead of the inauguration of the renovated Congress headquarters at the Tilak Hall.
The hall will be inaugurated tomorrow by Motilal Bora while the chief of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Nirmal Khatri will preside over the function, said the Congress MP from Kanpur.
"The Centre had provided all possible help to the state government for the organisation of the Kumbh Mela," he added.
In reply to a query about the alleged helicopter scam, Jaiswal said that the deal was being probed and the government was ready to take the right decision.
"Defence Minister AK Antony and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are very honest leaders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened