Centre has not implemented my recommendations: Justice Sachar
Lucknow: Former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Rajendra Sachar on Sunday expressed regret that the Centre has not implemented his recommendations regarding minorities till date.
Addressing a meeting organised by Socialist Party of India, the Chairman of Sachar Committee said although the Centre "blew trumpet" over his recommendations to improve socio-economic status of minorities, it has done nothing to implement them till date.
He alleged even the Uttar Pradesh government was making false assurances.
Justice Sachar claimed that the announcement by the Union Finance Minister to open a women` bank was misleading. He said the bank which would be opened with a capital of only Rs 1,000 crore could not fulfil needs of crores of women in the country.
He said that for women empowerment it was necessary that proper arrangements should be made for disbursement of loan to them from the existing branches.
Justice Sachar also met UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that in the meeting Justice Sachar exuded confidence that during SP regime interest of Muslims would be protected and youths would not be implicated in false cases of terrorism.
Chaudhary said that during meeting Akhilesh informed Justice Sachar that the government was making efforts to implement recommendations of his committee and Rangnath Commission to improve status of minorities.
During the meeting former minister of Maharashtra Bhai Vaidya, labour leader Girish Pandey, Pannalal Surana of Rshtriya Sewa Dal and human rights activist Mohd Asad Hayat were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof