Centre has not implemented my recommendations: Justice Sachar
Lucknow: Former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Rajendra Sachar on Sunday expressed regret that the Centre has not implemented his recommendations regarding minorities till date.
Addressing a meeting organised by Socialist Party of India, the Chairman of Sachar Committee said although the Centre "blew trumpet" over his recommendations to improve socio-economic status of minorities, it has done nothing to implement them till date.
He alleged even the Uttar Pradesh government was making false assurances.
Justice Sachar claimed that the announcement by the Union Finance Minister to open a women` bank was misleading. He said the bank which would be opened with a capital of only Rs 1,000 crore could not fulfil needs of crores of women in the country.
He said that for women empowerment it was necessary that proper arrangements should be made for disbursement of loan to them from the existing branches.
Justice Sachar also met UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that in the meeting Justice Sachar exuded confidence that during SP regime interest of Muslims would be protected and youths would not be implicated in false cases of terrorism.
Chaudhary said that during meeting Akhilesh informed Justice Sachar that the government was making efforts to implement recommendations of his committee and Rangnath Commission to improve status of minorities.
During the meeting former minister of Maharashtra Bhai Vaidya, labour leader Girish Pandey, Pannalal Surana of Rshtriya Sewa Dal and human rights activist Mohd Asad Hayat were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey