Centre has not implemented my recommendations: Justice Sachar
Lucknow: Former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Rajendra Sachar on Sunday expressed regret that the Centre has not implemented his recommendations regarding minorities till date.
Addressing a meeting organised by Socialist Party of India, the Chairman of Sachar Committee said although the Centre "blew trumpet" over his recommendations to improve socio-economic status of minorities, it has done nothing to implement them till date.
He alleged even the Uttar Pradesh government was making false assurances.
Justice Sachar claimed that the announcement by the Union Finance Minister to open a women` bank was misleading. He said the bank which would be opened with a capital of only Rs 1,000 crore could not fulfil needs of crores of women in the country.
He said that for women empowerment it was necessary that proper arrangements should be made for disbursement of loan to them from the existing branches.
Justice Sachar also met UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that in the meeting Justice Sachar exuded confidence that during SP regime interest of Muslims would be protected and youths would not be implicated in false cases of terrorism.
Chaudhary said that during meeting Akhilesh informed Justice Sachar that the government was making efforts to implement recommendations of his committee and Rangnath Commission to improve status of minorities.
During the meeting former minister of Maharashtra Bhai Vaidya, labour leader Girish Pandey, Pannalal Surana of Rshtriya Sewa Dal and human rights activist Mohd Asad Hayat were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow