Centre not taking action against Khurshid`s NGO: Azam Khan
Rampur: SP leader and UP Minister Azam Khan on Sunday questioned why the Centre had not taken action against Law Minister Salman Khurshid`s NGO, which is in controversy over allegedly forging names of beneficiaries of a scheme for the handicapped.
"Why is the Union Government not coming forward to take action against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid`s NGO," Khan, whose party extends outside support to the UPA, told reporters last evening.
The state urban development minister claimed that he was victimised during the Mayawati regime for launching welfare schemes.
Attacking the Centre, he said "this UPA Government and the Congress headed by Sonia Gandhi are being recognised and will be recognised for scams."
Khan also criticised Arvind Kejriwal, saying he has got into the habit of levelling charges to get cheap popularity.
"Kejriwal would realise his political strength in the coming elections just like Anna Hazare who has been rejected and forgotten by the masses," the SP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP