Centre responsible for inflation: Akhilesh on fuel price hike
Lucknow: Expressing concern over the latest hike in prices of diesel and petrol, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday alleged that only the Centre was "responsible" for inflation.
"Hike in petrol and diesel prices would result in hike in commodity prices and add to the vows of the consumers," Yadav said in a statement here.
Petrol price was yesterday hiked by Rs 1.50 per litre and diesel by 45 paise.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary demanded that the hike should be withdrawn immediately and said the party would oppose this at every level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat