Centre responsible for inflation: Akhilesh on fuel price hike
Lucknow: Expressing concern over the latest hike in prices of diesel and petrol, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday alleged that only the Centre was "responsible" for inflation.
"Hike in petrol and diesel prices would result in hike in commodity prices and add to the vows of the consumers," Yadav said in a statement here.
Petrol price was yesterday hiked by Rs 1.50 per litre and diesel by 45 paise.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary demanded that the hike should be withdrawn immediately and said the party would oppose this at every level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list