Centre responsible for inflation: Akhilesh on fuel price hike
Lucknow: Expressing concern over the latest hike in prices of diesel and petrol, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday alleged that only the Centre was "responsible" for inflation.
"Hike in petrol and diesel prices would result in hike in commodity prices and add to the vows of the consumers," Yadav said in a statement here.
Petrol price was yesterday hiked by Rs 1.50 per litre and diesel by 45 paise.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary demanded that the hike should be withdrawn immediately and said the party would oppose this at every level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam