Centre responsible for inflation: Akhilesh on fuel price hike
Lucknow: Expressing concern over the latest hike in prices of diesel and petrol, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday alleged that only the Centre was "responsible" for inflation.
"Hike in petrol and diesel prices would result in hike in commodity prices and add to the vows of the consumers," Yadav said in a statement here.
Petrol price was yesterday hiked by Rs 1.50 per litre and diesel by 45 paise.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary demanded that the hike should be withdrawn immediately and said the party would oppose this at every level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister