Centre responsible for inflation: Akhilesh on fuel price hike
Lucknow: Expressing concern over the latest hike in prices of diesel and petrol, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday alleged that only the Centre was "responsible" for inflation.
"Hike in petrol and diesel prices would result in hike in commodity prices and add to the vows of the consumers," Yadav said in a statement here.
Petrol price was yesterday hiked by Rs 1.50 per litre and diesel by 45 paise.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary demanded that the hike should be withdrawn immediately and said the party would oppose this at every level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi