Centre targeting political opponents: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged the Congress-led UPA government is more interested in "targeting" its political opponents instead of working for the poor people.
"The Centre is trying to threaten in the name of inquiries. The ruling Congress party did not think in the interest of poor and ignores them," Yadav said while addressing party workers here.
Giving a strong message to partymen to end infighting, Yadav said that the names of the candidates declared for Lok Sabha polls would not be changed in any circumstance.
"The candidates declared for Lok Sabha will not be changed. If someone is unhappy with ticket distribution, I will explain them and let them understand," he said.
Yadav said that he would soon call a meeting of candidates to discuss future strategy, besides asking party workers to concentrate on their areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them