Change in schedule for UP RS bye-election
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Saturday
announced changes in the schedule for bye-election to a Rajya
Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh which fell vacant after the death
of senior Samajwadi Party leader Janeshwar Mishra.
The EC said that the change has been effected as March
17, the day on which the scrutiny of nominations was to take
place, is a holiday in the state.
As per the revised schedule, notification would be
issued on March six and the last date for filing nominations
would be on March 13. While scrutiny will now take place on
March 16, last date for withdrawal of nominations would be on
Bye-election will be held on March 26 along with 13 other
seats from six states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!