Change in schedule for UP RS bye-election
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Saturday
announced changes in the schedule for bye-election to a Rajya
Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh which fell vacant after the death
of senior Samajwadi Party leader Janeshwar Mishra.
The EC said that the change has been effected as March
17, the day on which the scrutiny of nominations was to take
place, is a holiday in the state.
As per the revised schedule, notification would be
issued on March six and the last date for filing nominations
would be on March 13. While scrutiny will now take place on
March 16, last date for withdrawal of nominations would be on
Bye-election will be held on March 26 along with 13 other
seats from six states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...