Change in schedule for UP RS bye-election
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Saturday
announced changes in the schedule for bye-election to a Rajya
Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh which fell vacant after the death
of senior Samajwadi Party leader Janeshwar Mishra.
The EC said that the change has been effected as March
17, the day on which the scrutiny of nominations was to take
place, is a holiday in the state.
As per the revised schedule, notification would be
issued on March six and the last date for filing nominations
would be on March 13. While scrutiny will now take place on
March 16, last date for withdrawal of nominations would be on
Bye-election will be held on March 26 along with 13 other
seats from six states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?