Change in schedule for UP RS bye-election
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Saturday
announced changes in the schedule for bye-election to a Rajya
Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh which fell vacant after the death
of senior Samajwadi Party leader Janeshwar Mishra.
The EC said that the change has been effected as March
17, the day on which the scrutiny of nominations was to take
place, is a holiday in the state.
As per the revised schedule, notification would be
issued on March six and the last date for filing nominations
would be on March 13. While scrutiny will now take place on
March 16, last date for withdrawal of nominations would be on
Bye-election will be held on March 26 along with 13 other
seats from six states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security