Charges against BSP MLA`s cousins in rape
Muzaffarnagar: Charges were on Friday framed
against two cousins of a suspended BSP MLA and five others in
connection with the gang rape of two Delhi-based women.
Additional Sessions Judge LK Rathi framed the charges
against Saddam Rana and Shazab Rana, both cousins of MLA
Shahnawaz Rana, and five others under different sections of
The two women, returning to Delhi from Mussoorie, had
stopped near a petrol pump on Delhi-Mussoorie Highway when
they were allegedly abducted and raped at gun-point by a group
of 7-8 men on June 21 last year, the prosecution said.
The accused were in a car bearing a VIP number and were
related to the BSP MLA, it said.
After the incident, BSP supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati had suspended the MLA from Bijnor from the
Rana later joined RLD and is its candidate from the same
constituency in the upcoming Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'