Charges against BSP MLA`s cousins in rape
Muzaffarnagar: Charges were on Friday framed
against two cousins of a suspended BSP MLA and five others in
connection with the gang rape of two Delhi-based women.
Additional Sessions Judge LK Rathi framed the charges
against Saddam Rana and Shazab Rana, both cousins of MLA
Shahnawaz Rana, and five others under different sections of
The two women, returning to Delhi from Mussoorie, had
stopped near a petrol pump on Delhi-Mussoorie Highway when
they were allegedly abducted and raped at gun-point by a group
of 7-8 men on June 21 last year, the prosecution said.
The accused were in a car bearing a VIP number and were
related to the BSP MLA, it said.
After the incident, BSP supremo and Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati had suspended the MLA from Bijnor from the
Rana later joined RLD and is its candidate from the same
constituency in the upcoming Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report