Charges framed against Balkrishna in fake passport case
Dehradun: A special CBI court here has framed charges against yoga guru Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna for obtaining a passport on the basis of fake documents.
Designated CBI judge Pritu Sharma framed charges against Balkrishna and co-accused Naresh Chandra Dwiwedi under different sections of the IPC including cheating and forgery after the duo made an appearance in her court here yesterday.
December 5 was set as the next date of hearing in the case when the prosecution will start producing witnesses, CBI counsel Shobhit Singh said.
Charges were framed against Balkrishna under sections 120 (B) (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating), and 468 and 471 (forgery) of the Indian Penal Code, besides section 12 of the Passport Act, 1967.
The court also framed charges against Dwivedi under sections 120 (B), 420 and 468 of the IPC.
Dwivedi was principal of a Sanskrit college at Khurja in Uttar Pradesh and allegedly issued fake certificates to Balkrishna which the latter used to obtain a passport from Bareilly passport office.
Both Balkrishna and Dwiwedi are out on bail in the case since August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway