Charges framed against Balkrishna in fake passport case
Dehradun: A special CBI court here has framed charges against yoga guru Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna for obtaining a passport on the basis of fake documents.
Designated CBI judge Pritu Sharma framed charges against Balkrishna and co-accused Naresh Chandra Dwiwedi under different sections of the IPC including cheating and forgery after the duo made an appearance in her court here yesterday.
December 5 was set as the next date of hearing in the case when the prosecution will start producing witnesses, CBI counsel Shobhit Singh said.
Charges were framed against Balkrishna under sections 120 (B) (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating), and 468 and 471 (forgery) of the Indian Penal Code, besides section 12 of the Passport Act, 1967.
The court also framed charges against Dwivedi under sections 120 (B), 420 and 468 of the IPC.
Dwivedi was principal of a Sanskrit college at Khurja in Uttar Pradesh and allegedly issued fake certificates to Balkrishna which the latter used to obtain a passport from Bareilly passport office.
Both Balkrishna and Dwiwedi are out on bail in the case since August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Shraddha Kapoor happy to be replaced by Alia Bhatt in ‘Aashiqui 3’?
- RJD MP who said, 'Nitish looting Bihar in name of development', gets show cause notice
- Secy panel on 7th CPC to have key meeting on June 11; salary hikes unlikely to come in July
- PM Modi to attend 2nd International Yoga Day at Chandigarh
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry