Charges framed against five in Muzaffarnagar riots case
Muzaffarnagar: Charges against five accused in connection with murder of two youths during Muzaffarnagar riots were on Tuesday framed in a local court here.
Additional District Sessions Judge Jitender Kumar framed charges against five accused Mujassim, Mujammil, Nadeen, Jahangir and Furkan -- under various sections of IPC in connection with the murder of two youths -- Sachin and Gaurav in Kawal village on August 27 last.
All accused were produced in the Court from jail today.
Special Investigation Team had filed charge sheet on November 27 last against the all five accused.
Two motorbikes had collided, after which a man named Shahnawaz was allegedly stabbed to death by Gaurav and his friend Sachin. On hearing his cries, locals had rushed to the spot and beaten the duo to death.
Cross cases were registered in this regard. SIT had filed the case of Gaurav and Sachin`s killing in court, while a cross case of Shanawaz`s murder is under investigation.
Tension had prevailed in Kawal village after the incident, making it the epicentre of the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas that claimed over 60 lives and left thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci