Charges framed against SP MLA, 15 others in bomb attack case
Allahabad: A court here on Monday framed charges against 16 persons, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, in connection with a bomb attack in which a former Uttar Pradesh minister was seriously injured and two others, including a journalist, were killed in 2010 here.
Additional District Judge Viqar Ahmad Ansari framed charges against SP MLA Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat of Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadohi) and 15 others and fixed December 20 as the next date of hearing.
On July 12 2010, two persons, including a local scribe Vijay Pratap Singh, were killed and senior BSP leader Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi" was seriously injured in the bomb attack here.
One of the accused, Rajesh Pilot, had confessed before the court during trial that he had triggered the explosion with the help of a remote control at the behest of the SP MLA.
The MLA, who had for long been engaged in a fierce rivalry with Nandi, got bail by the Allahabad High Court on August 17 last after having spent more than a year behind the bars.
Charges have been framed against all the 16 accused under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, including those relating to murder, attempt to murder and criminal conspiracy, besides the Explosives Act and the Gangsters Act, prosecution said.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection