Charges framed against SP MLA, 15 others in bomb attack case
Allahabad: A court here on Monday framed charges against 16 persons, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, in connection with a bomb attack in which a former Uttar Pradesh minister was seriously injured and two others, including a journalist, were killed in 2010 here.
Additional District Judge Viqar Ahmad Ansari framed charges against SP MLA Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat of Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadohi) and 15 others and fixed December 20 as the next date of hearing.
On July 12 2010, two persons, including a local scribe Vijay Pratap Singh, were killed and senior BSP leader Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi" was seriously injured in the bomb attack here.
One of the accused, Rajesh Pilot, had confessed before the court during trial that he had triggered the explosion with the help of a remote control at the behest of the SP MLA.
The MLA, who had for long been engaged in a fierce rivalry with Nandi, got bail by the Allahabad High Court on August 17 last after having spent more than a year behind the bars.
Charges have been framed against all the 16 accused under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, including those relating to murder, attempt to murder and criminal conspiracy, besides the Explosives Act and the Gangsters Act, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan