Charges framed against SP MLA, 15 others in bomb attack case
Allahabad: A court here on Monday framed charges against 16 persons, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, in connection with a bomb attack in which a former Uttar Pradesh minister was seriously injured and two others, including a journalist, were killed in 2010 here.
Additional District Judge Viqar Ahmad Ansari framed charges against SP MLA Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat of Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadohi) and 15 others and fixed December 20 as the next date of hearing.
On July 12 2010, two persons, including a local scribe Vijay Pratap Singh, were killed and senior BSP leader Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi" was seriously injured in the bomb attack here.
One of the accused, Rajesh Pilot, had confessed before the court during trial that he had triggered the explosion with the help of a remote control at the behest of the SP MLA.
The MLA, who had for long been engaged in a fierce rivalry with Nandi, got bail by the Allahabad High Court on August 17 last after having spent more than a year behind the bars.
Charges have been framed against all the 16 accused under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, including those relating to murder, attempt to murder and criminal conspiracy, besides the Explosives Act and the Gangsters Act, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof