Charges framed against SP MLA, 15 others in bomb attack case
Allahabad: A court here on Monday framed charges against 16 persons, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, in connection with a bomb attack in which a former Uttar Pradesh minister was seriously injured and two others, including a journalist, were killed in 2010 here.
Additional District Judge Viqar Ahmad Ansari framed charges against SP MLA Vijay Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat of Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadohi) and 15 others and fixed December 20 as the next date of hearing.
On July 12 2010, two persons, including a local scribe Vijay Pratap Singh, were killed and senior BSP leader Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi" was seriously injured in the bomb attack here.
One of the accused, Rajesh Pilot, had confessed before the court during trial that he had triggered the explosion with the help of a remote control at the behest of the SP MLA.
The MLA, who had for long been engaged in a fierce rivalry with Nandi, got bail by the Allahabad High Court on August 17 last after having spent more than a year behind the bars.
Charges have been framed against all the 16 accused under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, including those relating to murder, attempt to murder and criminal conspiracy, besides the Explosives Act and the Gangsters Act, prosecution said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'