Charges framed against three accused in CMO murder case
Lucknow: A special CBI court on Monday framed charges against three accused even as it discharged one person in the former CMO Dr VK Arya murder case.
Special CBI judge JP Singh framed the charges against accused Ram Krishna Verma, Anand Prakash Tewari and Vinod Sharma (the alleged shooters) under Sections 302 (murder), 201 (concealing evidence) and 120B (criminal conspiracy).
Another person, Vijay Dubey, who had been named as an accused in the case, was discharged by the CBI court.
It might be recalled that on October 27, 2010, Arya, the then Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow, was shot dead near his residence.
Uttar Pradesh police was earlier investigating the murder, but the case was subsequently handed over to the CBI.
According to the prosecution, Dr Arya`s killing was related to the NRHM scam.
The court has fixed May 3 as the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof