Charges framed against three accused in CMO murder case
Lucknow: A special CBI court on Monday framed charges against three accused even as it discharged one person in the former CMO Dr VK Arya murder case.
Special CBI judge JP Singh framed the charges against accused Ram Krishna Verma, Anand Prakash Tewari and Vinod Sharma (the alleged shooters) under Sections 302 (murder), 201 (concealing evidence) and 120B (criminal conspiracy).
Another person, Vijay Dubey, who had been named as an accused in the case, was discharged by the CBI court.
It might be recalled that on October 27, 2010, Arya, the then Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow, was shot dead near his residence.
Uttar Pradesh police was earlier investigating the murder, but the case was subsequently handed over to the CBI.
According to the prosecution, Dr Arya`s killing was related to the NRHM scam.
The court has fixed May 3 as the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt