Charges of gang rape false: UP police
Jhansi: Uttar Pradesh police, probing
allegations of gang rape by two minor girls against the men in
uniform, on Wednesday said the two cooked up the story to explain
their getting back home late.
Though the probe found the allegations false, still a
medical examination of the girls has been ordered, they said.
SP (Rural) PK Tewari said one of the girls, both of
whom belong to the family of a police constable, admitted to
the false charges relating to the July 4 incident in Mau
The SP said the girls, who were waiting for a train at
night, were brought to the police station to save them from
Since they got delayed, the girls cooked up the story
to evade embarrassment, indicting five policemen of raping
them, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video