Charges of gang rape false: UP police
Jhansi: Uttar Pradesh police, probing
allegations of gang rape by two minor girls against the men in
uniform, on Wednesday said the two cooked up the story to explain
their getting back home late.
Though the probe found the allegations false, still a
medical examination of the girls has been ordered, they said.
SP (Rural) PK Tewari said one of the girls, both of
whom belong to the family of a police constable, admitted to
the false charges relating to the July 4 incident in Mau
The SP said the girls, who were waiting for a train at
night, were brought to the police station to save them from
Since they got delayed, the girls cooked up the story
to evade embarrassment, indicting five policemen of raping
them, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves