Charges of gang rape false: UP police
Jhansi: Uttar Pradesh police, probing
allegations of gang rape by two minor girls against the men in
uniform, on Wednesday said the two cooked up the story to explain
their getting back home late.
Though the probe found the allegations false, still a
medical examination of the girls has been ordered, they said.
SP (Rural) PK Tewari said one of the girls, both of
whom belong to the family of a police constable, admitted to
the false charges relating to the July 4 incident in Mau
The SP said the girls, who were waiting for a train at
night, were brought to the police station to save them from
Since they got delayed, the girls cooked up the story
to evade embarrassment, indicting five policemen of raping
them, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden