Charges of gang rape false: UP police
Jhansi: Uttar Pradesh police, probing
allegations of gang rape by two minor girls against the men in
uniform, on Wednesday said the two cooked up the story to explain
their getting back home late.
Though the probe found the allegations false, still a
medical examination of the girls has been ordered, they said.
SP (Rural) PK Tewari said one of the girls, both of
whom belong to the family of a police constable, admitted to
the false charges relating to the July 4 incident in Mau
The SP said the girls, who were waiting for a train at
night, were brought to the police station to save them from
Since they got delayed, the girls cooked up the story
to evade embarrassment, indicting five policemen of raping
them, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis