Charges of gang rape false: UP police
Jhansi: Uttar Pradesh police, probing
allegations of gang rape by two minor girls against the men in
uniform, on Wednesday said the two cooked up the story to explain
their getting back home late.
Though the probe found the allegations false, still a
medical examination of the girls has been ordered, they said.
SP (Rural) PK Tewari said one of the girls, both of
whom belong to the family of a police constable, admitted to
the false charges relating to the July 4 incident in Mau
The SP said the girls, who were waiting for a train at
night, were brought to the police station to save them from
Since they got delayed, the girls cooked up the story
to evade embarrassment, indicting five policemen of raping
them, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray