Chargesheet against 20 people in UP fake certificate scam
Muzaffarnagar: The CB-CID has filed a chargesheet in a fake education certificate scam here against 20 people in a local court.
An inquiry by the CB-CID into the matter found nine officials of Lucknow University, three officials from Agra University and eight gang members guilty of selling fake certificates to the students.
Chargesheet was filed against the accused under various sections of IPC here last evening, the CB-CID sources said.
According to the prosecution, 18 students managed to secure admission in a Basic Training Certificate (BTC) institution in Muzaffarnagar district on the basis of the fake documents in 2011.
Police had registered a case of cheating against all students and filed a charge sheet in a court. Later, the state government handed over the probe to CB-CID.
Meanwhile, the investigative agency has informed the authorities of Agra and Lucknow Universities to take departmental action against the erring officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!