Chargesheet against 20 people in UP fake certificate scam
Muzaffarnagar: The CB-CID has filed a chargesheet in a fake education certificate scam here against 20 people in a local court.
An inquiry by the CB-CID into the matter found nine officials of Lucknow University, three officials from Agra University and eight gang members guilty of selling fake certificates to the students.
Chargesheet was filed against the accused under various sections of IPC here last evening, the CB-CID sources said.
According to the prosecution, 18 students managed to secure admission in a Basic Training Certificate (BTC) institution in Muzaffarnagar district on the basis of the fake documents in 2011.
Police had registered a case of cheating against all students and filed a charge sheet in a court. Later, the state government handed over the probe to CB-CID.
Meanwhile, the investigative agency has informed the authorities of Agra and Lucknow Universities to take departmental action against the erring officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players