Chargesheet against 20 people in UP fake certificate scam
Muzaffarnagar: The CB-CID has filed a chargesheet in a fake education certificate scam here against 20 people in a local court.
An inquiry by the CB-CID into the matter found nine officials of Lucknow University, three officials from Agra University and eight gang members guilty of selling fake certificates to the students.
Chargesheet was filed against the accused under various sections of IPC here last evening, the CB-CID sources said.
According to the prosecution, 18 students managed to secure admission in a Basic Training Certificate (BTC) institution in Muzaffarnagar district on the basis of the fake documents in 2011.
Police had registered a case of cheating against all students and filed a charge sheet in a court. Later, the state government handed over the probe to CB-CID.
Meanwhile, the investigative agency has informed the authorities of Agra and Lucknow Universities to take departmental action against the erring officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round