Chargesheet filed against Raja Bhaiya, 10 others
Pratapgarh: A chargesheet has been filed in a local court here against independent MLA from Kunda, Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, and 10 others
for allegedly threatening a candidate during the recent panchayat elections.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Manjula Sarkar, who fixed February 10 as the next date of hearing.
All the 11 persons, who were arrested in Pratapgarh district last month for allegedly trying to influence block head elections to ensure victory of their candidate, were produced in the court today which extended their judicial
remand till February 10.
A named FIR was lodged against 13 people, including Samajwadi Party MP from Kaushambi Shailendra Kumar, MLA from Bihar Vinod Saroj, MLC Akshay Pratap Singh besides Raja Bhaiya and 11 of these were arrested. Two of the named accused are still absconding.
As per the FIR filed by Manoj Shukla, a BSP supporter and a candidate in the panchayat elections, all the four leaders along with their henchmen allegedly intercepted his vehicle and threatened him to withdraw his candidature.
They also tried to kill him, Shukla had alleged in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened