Chargesheet filed against Raja Bhaiya, 10 others
Pratapgarh: A chargesheet has been filed in a local court here against independent MLA from Kunda, Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, and 10 others
for allegedly threatening a candidate during the recent panchayat elections.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Manjula Sarkar, who fixed February 10 as the next date of hearing.
All the 11 persons, who were arrested in Pratapgarh district last month for allegedly trying to influence block head elections to ensure victory of their candidate, were produced in the court today which extended their judicial
remand till February 10.
A named FIR was lodged against 13 people, including Samajwadi Party MP from Kaushambi Shailendra Kumar, MLA from Bihar Vinod Saroj, MLC Akshay Pratap Singh besides Raja Bhaiya and 11 of these were arrested. Two of the named accused are still absconding.
As per the FIR filed by Manoj Shukla, a BSP supporter and a candidate in the panchayat elections, all the four leaders along with their henchmen allegedly intercepted his vehicle and threatened him to withdraw his candidature.
They also tried to kill him, Shukla had alleged in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees