Charter for Muslims to be implemented before LS polls: Khan
Bareilly (UP): With an eye on 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said a charter plan for the welfare of Muslims will be implemented before the elections.
"A charter plan for welfare and betterment (of Muslims) has been given to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls," Khan told reporters here Thursday evening.
He, however, did not elaborate on the charter but said it would help in alleviating suffering of Muslims to some extent.
On reservation for Muslims, Khan said it could not be provided without constitutional amendment.
Asked about party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav pulling up ministers who are not working, Khan said he (Yadav) was their "Godfather" and had every right to do so.
The minister said there was no chance of SP having any alliance with NDA before or after Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news