Charter for Muslims to be implemented before LS polls: Khan
Bareilly (UP): With an eye on 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said a charter plan for the welfare of Muslims will be implemented before the elections.
"A charter plan for welfare and betterment (of Muslims) has been given to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls," Khan told reporters here Thursday evening.
He, however, did not elaborate on the charter but said it would help in alleviating suffering of Muslims to some extent.
On reservation for Muslims, Khan said it could not be provided without constitutional amendment.
Asked about party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav pulling up ministers who are not working, Khan said he (Yadav) was their "Godfather" and had every right to do so.
The minister said there was no chance of SP having any alliance with NDA before or after Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post