Charter for Muslims to be implemented before LS polls: Khan
Bareilly (UP): With an eye on 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said a charter plan for the welfare of Muslims will be implemented before the elections.
"A charter plan for welfare and betterment (of Muslims) has been given to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls," Khan told reporters here Thursday evening.
He, however, did not elaborate on the charter but said it would help in alleviating suffering of Muslims to some extent.
On reservation for Muslims, Khan said it could not be provided without constitutional amendment.
Asked about party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav pulling up ministers who are not working, Khan said he (Yadav) was their "Godfather" and had every right to do so.
The minister said there was no chance of SP having any alliance with NDA before or after Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan