Charter for Muslims to be implemented before LS polls: Khan
Bareilly (UP): With an eye on 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said a charter plan for the welfare of Muslims will be implemented before the elections.
"A charter plan for welfare and betterment (of Muslims) has been given to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls," Khan told reporters here Thursday evening.
He, however, did not elaborate on the charter but said it would help in alleviating suffering of Muslims to some extent.
On reservation for Muslims, Khan said it could not be provided without constitutional amendment.
Asked about party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav pulling up ministers who are not working, Khan said he (Yadav) was their "Godfather" and had every right to do so.
The minister said there was no chance of SP having any alliance with NDA before or after Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'