Charter for Muslims to be implemented before LS polls: Khan
Bareilly (UP): With an eye on 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said a charter plan for the welfare of Muslims will be implemented before the elections.
"A charter plan for welfare and betterment (of Muslims) has been given to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It will be implemented before Lok Sabha polls," Khan told reporters here Thursday evening.
He, however, did not elaborate on the charter but said it would help in alleviating suffering of Muslims to some extent.
On reservation for Muslims, Khan said it could not be provided without constitutional amendment.
Asked about party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav pulling up ministers who are not working, Khan said he (Yadav) was their "Godfather" and had every right to do so.
The minister said there was no chance of SP having any alliance with NDA before or after Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi