Chattisgarh CM rejects Liberhan Commission report
Varanasi: Rejecting the Liberhan Commission
report indicting senior BJP leaders in the demolition of Babri
Masjid, Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has termed it
as nothing but a collection of newspaper clippings brought out
with a political motive 17 years after the incident.
"No one, not even Justice M S Liberhan, visited Ayodhya
during the 17-year period and the report is based on newspaper
clipplings and statements of politicians and others," Singh
told reporters here yesterday.
Calling the report "meaningless" as it was inordinately
delayed, the BJP leader alleged that it was leaked with
"political motive" since the people in power were out to use
it for political gains.
Asked about recurring incidents of naxal violence in his
state, the Chhattisgarh CM welcomed the initiatives taken by
the Prime Minister but dubbed them as "too little too late".
Noting that the naxal problem was not a local issue
unique to his state, he said that about 144 districts in the
country were in its grip.
Calling for an integrated programme to check the menace,
he said the state government on its part has set up a Jungle
Warfare Academy on the lines of Andhra Pradesh to train
commandos to fight Naxals.
Singh was here to attend the concluding function of
centenary year celebrations of Udai Pratap College which was
also attended by society chairman and former chief justice of
India (CJI) Justice K N Singh and Chairman of centenary
Celebrations Committee and former vice-chancellor of Banaras
Hindu University (BHU) Prof Panjab Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed