Chattrapti Maharaj Nagar issue referred to larger bench
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court has
referred to a larger bench the issue of creation of new
district Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar, which includes
Amethi parliamentary constituency.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising
justices Pradeep Kant and Ritu Raj Awasthi on the PILs filed
by different petitioners challenging the notification issued
on July 1 last year, by which the new district came into
It was alleged by some petitioners that without
providing adequate infrastructure, creation of the new
district was not proper.
The new district was created after taking five
teshils, of which Salon and Tiloi were from Rae Bareli and
Amethi, Gauriganj and Musafirkhana from Sultanpur district.
Amethi Parliamentary Constituency is represented by
AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi.
The court referred the issue to the larger bench which
would consider the matter in question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference