Chattrapti Maharaj Nagar issue referred to larger bench
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court has
referred to a larger bench the issue of creation of new
district Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Nagar, which includes
Amethi parliamentary constituency.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising
justices Pradeep Kant and Ritu Raj Awasthi on the PILs filed
by different petitioners challenging the notification issued
on July 1 last year, by which the new district came into
It was alleged by some petitioners that without
providing adequate infrastructure, creation of the new
district was not proper.
The new district was created after taking five
teshils, of which Salon and Tiloi were from Rae Bareli and
Amethi, Gauriganj and Musafirkhana from Sultanpur district.
Amethi Parliamentary Constituency is represented by
AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi.
The court referred the issue to the larger bench which
would consider the matter in question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi