Chaudhury given charges of Food and Civil Supplies
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary was today given additional charges of Food and Civil Supplies following the resignation of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the wake of the killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh district.
"Governor BL Joshi in consultation with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given additional charge of Food and Civil Supplies department to Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary," an official spokesman said here.
Chaudhary was also given the charges of Rent control, Consumer Protection and Weight and Measure departments.
The departments were till now with the chief minister, he said.
The Kunda MLA resigned from the cabinet following controversy after the killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district on March 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon