Chaudhury given charges of Food and Civil Supplies
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary was today given additional charges of Food and Civil Supplies following the resignation of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the wake of the killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh district.
"Governor BL Joshi in consultation with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given additional charge of Food and Civil Supplies department to Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary," an official spokesman said here.
Chaudhary was also given the charges of Rent control, Consumer Protection and Weight and Measure departments.
The departments were till now with the chief minister, he said.
The Kunda MLA resigned from the cabinet following controversy after the killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district on March 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra