Chaudhury given charges of Food and Civil Supplies
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary was today given additional charges of Food and Civil Supplies following the resignation of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the wake of the killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh district.
"Governor BL Joshi in consultation with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given additional charge of Food and Civil Supplies department to Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary," an official spokesman said here.
Chaudhary was also given the charges of Rent control, Consumer Protection and Weight and Measure departments.
The departments were till now with the chief minister, he said.
The Kunda MLA resigned from the cabinet following controversy after the killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district on March 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll