Chaudhury given charges of Food and Civil Supplies
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary was today given additional charges of Food and Civil Supplies following the resignation of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the wake of the killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh district.
"Governor BL Joshi in consultation with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given additional charge of Food and Civil Supplies department to Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary," an official spokesman said here.
Chaudhary was also given the charges of Rent control, Consumer Protection and Weight and Measure departments.
The departments were till now with the chief minister, he said.
The Kunda MLA resigned from the cabinet following controversy after the killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district on March 2.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?