Chaudhury given charges of Food and Civil Supplies
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary was today given additional charges of Food and Civil Supplies following the resignation of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the wake of the killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh district.
"Governor BL Joshi in consultation with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given additional charge of Food and Civil Supplies department to Prison Minister Rajendra Chaudhary," an official spokesman said here.
Chaudhary was also given the charges of Rent control, Consumer Protection and Weight and Measure departments.
The departments were till now with the chief minister, he said.
The Kunda MLA resigned from the cabinet following controversy after the killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district on March 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman