Cheating, fraud cases against Nirmal Baba in UP
Ghaziabad: Three cases have been filed against controversial godman, Nirmaljeet Singh Narula in Uttar Pradesh for alleged fraud and cheating, police said on Tuesday.
A case was filed against Baba and his wife in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate in Meerut for alleged fraud.
The complainant, Harish Veer Singh, claimed that on Baba`s advice he ate `kheer`, which led to a health problem.
The court has fixed May 1 for hearing and recording the statement of applicant and issuance of summon.
In another police case filed at Indira Puram here, one Jai Ram Singh alleged that Nirmal Baba cheated him of Rs 31,000 by promising cure to his ailment, but he found no relief.
In third case, One Jitender Singh filed a police complaint against Baba for allegedly cheating him of Rs 11,000 for curing his health problem.
He claimed that he developed regular pain in his body after he ate `Pani-Poori` for months following Baba`s advice.
He alleged he had deposited Rs 11000 in Baba`s bank account, but when he demanded more money, he decided to lodge complaint against the controversial godman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi