Chemicals, opium seeds worth Rs 8 crore seized
Barabanki: Four suspected smugglers were
arrested with chemicals and opium seeds worth over Rs eight
crore in separate operations, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons were arrested at Karaundikala village under
Satrikh police station area last night with sodium powder and
liquid chemical used in preparing clinical medicine morphine,
used in painkillers.
On Sunday, two others were arrested near Usri village
under Jaidpur police station area with opium seeds.
The arrested have been booked under Narcotics Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him