Chief engineer commits suicide in Sultanpur
Sultanpur: A 57-year-old chief engineer allegedly hanged himself in his official quarter after facing problems at work, police said on Friday.
Chaitanya Kumar Srivastava, chief engineer in Kisan Sahkari Chini Mill, lived alone and allegedly hanged himself late last night.
He was apparently upset after work at the mill came to a halt yesterday following a turbine failure which he could not rectify and was being held responsible for, sources in the mill said.
The body has been sent for postmortem and his family in Lucknow has been informed, police said.
An investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what