Chief engineer commits suicide in Sultanpur
Sultanpur: A 57-year-old chief engineer allegedly hanged himself in his official quarter after facing problems at work, police said on Friday.
Chaitanya Kumar Srivastava, chief engineer in Kisan Sahkari Chini Mill, lived alone and allegedly hanged himself late last night.
He was apparently upset after work at the mill came to a halt yesterday following a turbine failure which he could not rectify and was being held responsible for, sources in the mill said.
The body has been sent for postmortem and his family in Lucknow has been informed, police said.
An investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad