Chief engineer commits suicide in Sultanpur
Sultanpur: A 57-year-old chief engineer allegedly hanged himself in his official quarter after facing problems at work, police said on Friday.
Chaitanya Kumar Srivastava, chief engineer in Kisan Sahkari Chini Mill, lived alone and allegedly hanged himself late last night.
He was apparently upset after work at the mill came to a halt yesterday following a turbine failure which he could not rectify and was being held responsible for, sources in the mill said.
The body has been sent for postmortem and his family in Lucknow has been informed, police said.
An investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers