Child bride raped by father-in-law in UP
Ballia: A 12-year-old child bride was allegedly raped by her 60-year-old father-in-law in Nagra area here, a senior officer said here Wednesday.
A person filed a complaint that her niece was raped by her father-in-law following which an FIR was lodged today, additional superintendent of police Ashok Tripathi said.
The girl, who is currently staying with her parents, had got married last year in November.
A medical examination of the girl will be conducted and further action will be taken after the rape has been confirmed, Tripathi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed