Child dies of encephalitis in Gorakhpur: Toll 146
Gorakhpur (UP): A nine-year old child succumbed to encephalitis here taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 146 this year, health officials said here today.
According to Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad, the child from Mahrajganj district succumbed to the disease at BRD Medical College Hospital yesterday.
Eighteen new patients afflicted with suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD MCH yesterday while 69 are being treated in different government hospitals of the region, he said.
A total 756 encephalitis patients were admitted to these hospitals in the current year, of which 146 died, Prasad said, adding that the dead include 19 patients from Bihar and one from Nepal, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test