Child trafficker arrested, two boys rescued
Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh): A man in the
guise of a sadhu, allegedly involved in trafficking of
children, has been arrested and two boys of Nepalese origin
were rescued, police said Friday.
Dharmendra Nath Bajpai was arrested by Government
Railway Police (GRP) on board Gonda-bound Intercity Express
yesterday and two children in the 10-12 age groups were
rescued, they said.
During interrogation, Bajpai confessed that the
children were being trafficked to work as labourers.
A case had been lodged against Bajpai under Child
Labour Act and information has been sent to the parents of the
children in Nepal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?