Child trafficker nabbed in Lucknow, minors rescued
Lucknow: Four children, being taken to Punjab to work as labourers, were rescued from a train in the Uttar Pradesh capital, police said Wednesday. A man has been arrested on charges of child trafficking.
The children, aged 10-13 years, all hailing from Rae Bareli district in the state, were rescued by the Government Railway Police (GRP) after a raid in the general coach of the Punjab Mail Tuesday. Harish Chandra was arrested but his two accomplices escaped.
"On the pretext of education and employment, the minors were being taken to Punjab to perform menial jobs in factories," police inspector Mahendra Singh told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal