Children fall ill after consuming seeds resembling peanuts
Bahraich (UP): Thirteen children fell ill after eating poisonous Jatropha seeds in Risia here, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place yesterday evening when the children aged between three and eleven consumed the seeds, which they thought were peanuts, while playing in Kataliya Bhoopsinghpur village, they said.
The children were rushed to the hospital where they were stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards