Church vandalised in UP, Bajrang Dal activists arrested
Bulandshahr: A church was vandalised allegedly by Bajrang Dal activists at village Sehkari Nagar here, police said.
Two persons including Hemant Singh, area co-ordinator of Bajrang Dal, have been arrested following a complaint by the church priest RC Paul about the incident which occurred on Monday afternoon, according to Senior Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar.
Scores of Bajrang Dal activists staged a protest outside the residence of the SSP here late last night demanding release of those arrested in the case.
Kumar said an FIR was lodged on the complaint of the priest of the church. "Hemant Singh and one other person were arrested. Eight unknown persons too have been named in the FIR," he said.
The church at Sehkari Nagar village has been in existence since 1991.
Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh is about 90 km from Delhi.
Meanwhile, Hemant Singh alleged that that church was luring poor Hindus to convert to Christianity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi