Church vandalised in UP, Bajrang Dal activists arrested
Bulandshahr: A church was vandalised allegedly by Bajrang Dal activists at village Sehkari Nagar here, police said.
Two persons including Hemant Singh, area co-ordinator of Bajrang Dal, have been arrested following a complaint by the church priest RC Paul about the incident which occurred on Monday afternoon, according to Senior Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar.
Scores of Bajrang Dal activists staged a protest outside the residence of the SSP here late last night demanding release of those arrested in the case.
Kumar said an FIR was lodged on the complaint of the priest of the church. "Hemant Singh and one other person were arrested. Eight unknown persons too have been named in the FIR," he said.
The church at Sehkari Nagar village has been in existence since 1991.
Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh is about 90 km from Delhi.
Meanwhile, Hemant Singh alleged that that church was luring poor Hindus to convert to Christianity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof