Citing immense stress ex-SP MLA writes to SP chief to end life
Lucknow: A former Samajwadi Party MLA from Varanasi has written to his party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav seeking permission "to end his life" due to "immense pressure" over a property dispute, being fuelled by an Opposition MLA.
Former SP MLA Abdul Samad Ansari said a `dharna` was organised by the opposite party over possession of a house in Varanasi, and it was an attempt by Congress MLA Ajay Rai to "defame" him with the help of some "forged property papers".
However, Rai claimed that he was helping a family whose house was "illegally" acquired by the former Ansari.
"Ansari illegally acquired the house of Manzoor Ahmed with the help of his clout in the administration late on June 4," Rai said.
Ansari said he has written letters to Mulayam and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to end his life along with his wife Shehla Parveen due to "immense pressure".
"I have sent letters addressed to the SP chief and chief minister through Varanasi SSP and District Magistrate`s office yesterday as there is an attempt to harm my reputation through this incident and I am under immense stress," Ansari said adding that he has also complained to the district authorities and police and was awaiting a response from them.
Rai, when contacted, said, "Ansari illegally acquired the house of Manzoor Ahmed with the help of his clout in the administration late on June 4.
"Though the Allahabad High Court had stayed any such move on the property," Rai said.
Since June 5, the family is sitting on `dharna` against this action and he is supporting them by remaining present as "Ansari has done a wrong thing" and the protest would go on till the house is restored to Ahmed, Rai said.
The administration has sought the papers regarding the High Court stay on the property from Manzoor Ahmed`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi