`Civic body results ended drought in UP BJP`
Lucknow: The outcome of Uttar Pradesh urban local body polls has boosted the morale of BJP "which was dwindling after Assembly polls", state party president Laxmi Kant Bajpai on Sunday said.
"Like rain it has ended BJP`s drought," he said.
The BJP today swept urban civic polls in the state, winning 10 of 12 mayoral posts in municipal corporations.
Bajpai emphasised on strengthening the grass-root leadership of the party with an aim on next General elections.
"To actively associate party workers, direct elections would be held for all units up to district level, before which a month long membership drive will be launched from July 15," Bajpai said.
The state president said the organisational elections would be completed by October.
"It has been decided that instead of uniform strategy for the entire the state, strategy will be chalked out at district level depending on the local factors," he said.
"The purpose is that the worker should realise that whatever decision has been taken it`s his decision," he added.
Bajpai said state level committee would be finalised by the month end.
Crediting cadres for the success of BJP, he said it has "boosted the morale of the party which was dwindling after Assembly polls."
"From local body poll results it seems that people have selected BJP as an alternative, but we will not fall prey to over-confidence," he said.
He said there would be no leniency with those who had acted against the party.
"There is no question of taking people, who have been expelled, back in the party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you