`Civic body results ended drought in UP BJP`
Lucknow: The outcome of Uttar Pradesh urban local body polls has boosted the morale of BJP "which was dwindling after Assembly polls", state party president Laxmi Kant Bajpai on Sunday said.
"Like rain it has ended BJP`s drought," he said.
The BJP today swept urban civic polls in the state, winning 10 of 12 mayoral posts in municipal corporations.
Bajpai emphasised on strengthening the grass-root leadership of the party with an aim on next General elections.
"To actively associate party workers, direct elections would be held for all units up to district level, before which a month long membership drive will be launched from July 15," Bajpai said.
The state president said the organisational elections would be completed by October.
"It has been decided that instead of uniform strategy for the entire the state, strategy will be chalked out at district level depending on the local factors," he said.
"The purpose is that the worker should realise that whatever decision has been taken it`s his decision," he added.
Bajpai said state level committee would be finalised by the month end.
Crediting cadres for the success of BJP, he said it has "boosted the morale of the party which was dwindling after Assembly polls."
"From local body poll results it seems that people have selected BJP as an alternative, but we will not fall prey to over-confidence," he said.
He said there would be no leniency with those who had acted against the party.
"There is no question of taking people, who have been expelled, back in the party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands