Clash near Jaiswal`s house: Police register case against 400
Kanpur: Police on Monday registered a case against both BJP and Congress workers in connection with the violence outside Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal`s residence during the main opposition party`s protest over the coal block allocation issue.
"We have registered a case under various sections of IPC against 13 named and nearly 400 unidentified activists of BJP and Congress at the Chakeri police station," DIG Kanpur Amitabh Yash said.
Efforts are being made to identify and arrest those involved in the violence, he said.
The police official further said, "None of the parties have yet registered a case, if they do so, we will take the required action and investigate the matter."
At least a dozen activists of BJP and Congress were injured in the clash yesterday.
Led by party leader Kalraj Mishra, BJP activists marched towards the Pokharpur residence of Jaiswal to stage a protest there. The protesting BJP activists, however, were stopped at a barricade set up by police about 200 metres from Jaiswal`s residence.
After a heated argument, a clash broke out between the workers of both political parties. Police resorted to mild cane charge after heavy brickbatting from both sides.
"Two BJP MLAs Satyadeo Pachauri and Raghunandan Bhadoria and dozen of our workers were injured in the violence which triggered off on the behest of Congress leaders," party legislator Salil Vishnoi said.
Meanwhile, Jaiswal claimed that eight Congress activists were injured in the protest by the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!