Clash near Jaiswal`s house: Police register case against 400
Kanpur: Police on Monday registered a case against both BJP and Congress workers in connection with the violence outside Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal`s residence during the main opposition party`s protest over the coal block allocation issue.
"We have registered a case under various sections of IPC against 13 named and nearly 400 unidentified activists of BJP and Congress at the Chakeri police station," DIG Kanpur Amitabh Yash said.
Efforts are being made to identify and arrest those involved in the violence, he said.
The police official further said, "None of the parties have yet registered a case, if they do so, we will take the required action and investigate the matter."
At least a dozen activists of BJP and Congress were injured in the clash yesterday.
Led by party leader Kalraj Mishra, BJP activists marched towards the Pokharpur residence of Jaiswal to stage a protest there. The protesting BJP activists, however, were stopped at a barricade set up by police about 200 metres from Jaiswal`s residence.
After a heated argument, a clash broke out between the workers of both political parties. Police resorted to mild cane charge after heavy brickbatting from both sides.
"Two BJP MLAs Satyadeo Pachauri and Raghunandan Bhadoria and dozen of our workers were injured in the violence which triggered off on the behest of Congress leaders," party legislator Salil Vishnoi said.
Meanwhile, Jaiswal claimed that eight Congress activists were injured in the protest by the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?