Clerics ban DJ and display of dowry goods during weddings
Muzaffarnagar: The Muslim clerics of
Jamiat Ulema Hind have called for a ban on using Disc Jockeys
(DJ) and display of dowry goods by community members during
weddings` saying it is against Islamic law.
The clerics also appealed the ulemas to avoid
performing nikah in such marriages.
The decision came during a meeting held yesterday in
which several Muslim clerics were present.
The clerics decided to ban DJs and exhibition of dowry
goods during marriage saying that it is against the Shariat
The clerics who participated in the meeting included
President of Utter Pradesh Imam Organisation Mufti Zulfikar,
District President of Jamiat Ulema Hind Maulana Nazar Mohammad
and District Secretary Maulana Tahir Kasmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past