Clerics ban DJ and display of dowry goods during weddings
Muzaffarnagar: The Muslim clerics of
Jamiat Ulema Hind have called for a ban on using Disc Jockeys
(DJ) and display of dowry goods by community members during
weddings` saying it is against Islamic law.
The clerics also appealed the ulemas to avoid
performing nikah in such marriages.
The decision came during a meeting held yesterday in
which several Muslim clerics were present.
The clerics decided to ban DJs and exhibition of dowry
goods during marriage saying that it is against the Shariat
The clerics who participated in the meeting included
President of Utter Pradesh Imam Organisation Mufti Zulfikar,
District President of Jamiat Ulema Hind Maulana Nazar Mohammad
and District Secretary Maulana Tahir Kasmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days