Clerics ban DJ and display of dowry goods during weddings
Muzaffarnagar: The Muslim clerics of
Jamiat Ulema Hind have called for a ban on using Disc Jockeys
(DJ) and display of dowry goods by community members during
weddings` saying it is against Islamic law.
The clerics also appealed the ulemas to avoid
performing nikah in such marriages.
The decision came during a meeting held yesterday in
which several Muslim clerics were present.
The clerics decided to ban DJs and exhibition of dowry
goods during marriage saying that it is against the Shariat
The clerics who participated in the meeting included
President of Utter Pradesh Imam Organisation Mufti Zulfikar,
District President of Jamiat Ulema Hind Maulana Nazar Mohammad
and District Secretary Maulana Tahir Kasmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?