Close shave for U`khand Governor
Mathura: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi had a narrow escape after a vehicle interrupted his cavalcade resulting in a collision on the national highway near here.
Qureshi, accompanied by his wife, was on his way to Agra to see the Taj Mahal when the incident happened yesterday. However, no injuries were reported.
A three-wheeler and a `jugaad` (assembled vehicle) suddenly entered the fleet near Refinery Nagar forcing the vehicles on the back to take sudden brakes. As a result, they collided with each other breaking the headlights of one vehicle, police said.
The car in which Qureshi was travelling somehow made its way out unhurt.
Police later made arrangements for alternate vehicles for Governor`s relatives and they were able to leave after half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug