CLP leader demands arrest of killers of party worker
Lucknow: Congress Legislature Party leader
Pramod Tewari on Wednesday met Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi and demanded immediate arrest of the killers of a party worker in
Munishiganj area of Amethi recently.
The CLP leader told Joshi that since the father of the
slain party worker has expressed suspicion about the role of a
BSP MLA in the murder, his intervention was needed to bring
the culprits to book.
He also demanded that action be taken against the killers
under the NSA and Gangsters Act.
In case the government fails to take action in this
connection in a week`s time, the case should be handed over to
the CBI, he said.
Alleging that Congress workers, especially those from Rae
Bareli and Amethi were being harassed and framed by the BSP
government, Tewari warned that Congress would be forced to
launch agitation against it soon.
Rajjan Shukla alias Mayankesh was shot dead by
unidentified persons outside Juhipur village late on Monday
night while he was on his way home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees