CLP leader demands arrest of killers of party worker
Lucknow: Congress Legislature Party leader
Pramod Tewari on Wednesday met Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi and demanded immediate arrest of the killers of a party worker in
Munishiganj area of Amethi recently.
The CLP leader told Joshi that since the father of the
slain party worker has expressed suspicion about the role of a
BSP MLA in the murder, his intervention was needed to bring
the culprits to book.
He also demanded that action be taken against the killers
under the NSA and Gangsters Act.
In case the government fails to take action in this
connection in a week`s time, the case should be handed over to
the CBI, he said.
Alleging that Congress workers, especially those from Rae
Bareli and Amethi were being harassed and framed by the BSP
government, Tewari warned that Congress would be forced to
launch agitation against it soon.
Rajjan Shukla alias Mayankesh was shot dead by
unidentified persons outside Juhipur village late on Monday
night while he was on his way home.
- Pathankot terror attack: NSA Ajit Doval 'satisfied' with Pakistan JIT's investigation
- PM Narendra Modi genuine in his desire to have good relations with Pakistan: Ajit Doval
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district