CM Mayawati transfers 9 IAS officers after inspection
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
transferred nine IAS officers, including three District Magistrates, following a surprise inspection of four districts by Chief Minister Mayawati.
"DM Firozabad Dinesh Chandra Shukla and DM Kanshiram
Nagar Radha Krishna Singh have been transferred on charges of
lax administrative control and dissatisfactory progress in
development works," an official spokesman said here.
Mayawati carried out surprise inspection of Lucknow,
Kanshiram Nagar, Firozabad and Etah districts yesterday.
"The CM carried out surprise inspection of these
districts yesterday to review progress of development works,
implementation of welfare schemes launched by the government,
state of essential services, law and order situation," the
The CM, who inspected houses constructed under
Kanshiram Urban Poor Housing Scheme at Para, ordered transfer
of Lucknow Development Authority Vice Chairman Mritunjaya
Kumar Narain, after detecting shortcoming in construction
While Narain has been shifted as secretary PWD, Rajiv
Agarwal, who was on the waiting list, has been posted as VC
LDA, he said.
DM of Kanshiram Nagar Radha Krishna Singh has been
transfered as special secretary medical education and special
secretary infrastructure Selwa Kumari J has been posted in his
Similarly, DM Firozabad Shukla has been shifted to
rural development department as special secretary. He will be
replaced by DM Balrampur Surendra Singh.
Special secretary Rural Development Pragyan Ram Mishra
has been posted as DM Balrampur, whereas additional chief
executive officer Taj Expessway Authority Yogendra Kumar Bahal
has been transfered as DM Mahamaya Nagar.
Santosh Kumar Yadav, who was on the waiting list, has
been posted as director training and employment.
For poor sanitation services in Firozabad, Mayawati
ordered to issue warning to executive officer of Nagar Palika
Parishad, besides warning the chief medical superintendent for
poor upkeep of the district hospital.
Meanwhile, the government cancelled transfer of SP
Gonda Rajendra Singh, who was earlier shifted as commandant 30
ADG SIT A L Banerjee has been given additional charge
of economic offences wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...