CMO Arya murder case: CBI arrests AK Shukla
Lucknow: The CBI has arrested former Lucknow Chief Medical Officer A K Shukla in connection with the murder case of his predecessor Vinod K Arya in October 2010.
Shukla was arrested here late last night on charges of conspiring to kill Arya, a CBI spokesperson said.
According to the CBI, the alleged motive behind the murder was the fear of being exposed for misappropriation of funds in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
There were indications emerging that Shukla could also be allegedly involved in killing of another Chief Medical Officer B P Singh, official sources said.
Arya was murdered while he was taking a morning walk on October 2010 at Vikas Nagar area while Singh was shot dead in April last year at Gomti Nagar.
The agency claimed that evidence also indicated that former Deputy Chief Medical Officer Y S Sachan, whose death inside jail created a sensation, was also alleged to be a co-conspirator in the murder of Arya.
Shukla was earlier arrested by the CBI last year in connection with the NRHM scam but was granted bail by the Allahabad High Court.
The court had on July 27 directed the CBI to probe the murders of the two CMOs and also irregularities in implementation of the NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Here’s how you can get picture-perfect smile – Check out quick tips
- Tamil Nadu fishermen venture into sea as 45-day fishing ban ends
- IPL 2016 final: Sachin Baby starts crying at non-striker's end with RCB needing 13 off last ball
- Skincare tips for men to get rid of pimples
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!