CMO case: Lucknow district jail officials transferred
Lucknow: Two senior officials of the Lucknow district jail, where deputy chief medical officer YS Sachan died under mysterious circumstances, have been transferred.
Jailor BS Mukund has been transferred to Mainpuri, while senior prison superintendent SHM Rizvi has been shifted to Basti, Deputy Inspector General Prisons (Lucknow) Sharad said.
Sachan, arrested in connection with the NRHM scam in
April, was found dead inside the toilet Lucknow district jail
hospital on June 22. A murder case was later registered in the
Mainpuri jailor RN Singh has been posted in place of
Mukund while jail superintendent Aligarh Sanjiv Tripathi will
take charge of the Lucknow jail.
Jail officials initially claimed that Sachan committed
suicide, however, post mortem and judicial inquiry later
confirmed that he was killed.
Uttar Pradesh government recommended a CBI probe into the
incident after the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir