CMO murder: 3 accused sent to 14-day JC
Lucknow: Three shooters, arrested in connection with the murder of chief medical officer BP Singh, were on Saturday sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Abid Shamim remanded the trio till July 01, while they are already in judicial custody till July 02 in another case, prosecution sources said here.
The court also rejected the bail application of the one of the shooters Anand Tiwari, they said.
Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) had yesterday arrested Ram Krishna Verma, Anand Tiwari and Vinod Sharma, who have confessed to their involvement in CMO Singh`s murder.
Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh said the trio, picked up from Madiyahon area, told police that they had received Rs 7 lakhs for the crime.
On the motive behind the murder, he said it was the outcome of massive irregularities in the Health department with regard to purchase of medicines and other products and certain payments. The role of deputy CMO YS Sachan had also been proved, he said.
CMO Singh was shot dead on the morning of April 02 in Gomti Nagar area here when he had gone for morning walk.
The trio have given information about the murder of another CMO, Vinod Arya, who was killed in a similar fashion on October 27 last year, the Cabinet Secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report