CMO murder: 3 accused sent to 14-day JC
Lucknow: Three shooters, arrested in connection with the murder of chief medical officer BP Singh, were on Saturday sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Abid Shamim remanded the trio till July 01, while they are already in judicial custody till July 02 in another case, prosecution sources said here.
The court also rejected the bail application of the one of the shooters Anand Tiwari, they said.
Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) had yesterday arrested Ram Krishna Verma, Anand Tiwari and Vinod Sharma, who have confessed to their involvement in CMO Singh`s murder.
Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh said the trio, picked up from Madiyahon area, told police that they had received Rs 7 lakhs for the crime.
On the motive behind the murder, he said it was the outcome of massive irregularities in the Health department with regard to purchase of medicines and other products and certain payments. The role of deputy CMO YS Sachan had also been proved, he said.
CMO Singh was shot dead on the morning of April 02 in Gomti Nagar area here when he had gone for morning walk.
The trio have given information about the murder of another CMO, Vinod Arya, who was killed in a similar fashion on October 27 last year, the Cabinet Secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?