CMO murder: Allahabad HC seeks report from probing agencies
Lucknow: The Allahbad High Court on Thursday
directed the investigating agencies to submit progress report
of the investigation into Chief Medical Officer B P Singh
murder case and fixed May 19 as the next date of hearing.
Hearing the PIL filed by a local lawyer Prine Lenin, a
two-judge bench of the high court comprising Justice Abdul
Mateen and Justice Ashwani Kumar Singh while passing the order
directed one senior officer of every probing agency to appear
before the court on May 19.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Lucknow D K Thakur,
who appeared before the bench, submitted that the
investigating officer of police was being assisted by the STF,
crime branch and the special operation group.
"It is directed that on the next date of listing, one
senior officer of the respective investigating agencies
associated with the investigation shall be present before the
court with the progress report along with legible copy of the
case diary in order to ascertain as to whether investigation
is being carried out in the proper direction," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video