CMO murder case: Police says Sachan behind killing
Lucknow: The district police on Wednesday filed
a charge sheet in CMO BP Singh murder case, holding Deputy CMO
YS Sachan responsible for hiring shooters to kill him.
The charge sheet was filed by Gomti Nagar police
station SHO Abhimanyu Dhar Dwivedi in Chief Judicial
Magistrate (CJM) Rajesh Upadhyay`s court.
Chief Medical Officer Family Welfare Dr BP Singh was
shot dead by some unidentified men in Gomti Nagar area on
April 2 while he was on a morning walk.
Sachan also died under mysterious circumstances in
jail, with the state government claiming it to be a suicide.
In the charge sheet, police said Singh threatened to
file cases against Sachan if he was not given a share in the
Sachan then contacted his close friend Ram Krishna
Verma, who contacted Anand Prakash Tiwari and Vinod Sharma to
eliminate Singh, it said.
During investigation, police recovered two pistols
from the shooters and the shells found at the scene of crime
matched during forensic examination.
According to the charge sheet, mobile records and
voice recording pointed to a close connection between Sachan
and the shooters.
While Verma and Sharma have been charged with murder
and criminal conspiracy, Tiwari has been booked for Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing