CMO murder case: SP leader gets bail
Lucknow: A local court here has granted bail to Samajwadi Party leader, Abhay Singh in connection with Chief Medical Officer Dr Vinod Kumar Arya murder case.
Special Judge, Gangster Act, Rajendra Singh granted bail to Abhay yesterday, according to the prosecution sources.
On October 27, 2010, Chief Medical Officer (family welfare) Dr Arya was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne assailants barely 100 metres from his residence in Vikas Nagar colony here.
The police had named Singh, the SP candidate from Gosaiganj (Faizabad) seat in 2012 Assembly polls, in the case claiming that he had given the contract to kill Dr Arya.
SP leader`s name cropped up after arrest of two -- Vijay Dubey and Ajay Misra, who had helped the main shooter Sudhakar Pandey (still absconding).
The judge observed that prima facie there was no evidence against Abhay in the case. He was been booked on the basis of a statement of co-accused, which has no value in the
eyes of law, the prosecution said.
The court also directed Abhay not to threaten witness after release from jail, they said.
He will not leave the country without permission of the court and cooperate during the trial for its speedy disposal, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...