CMO murder case: SP leader gets bail
Lucknow: A local court here has granted bail to Samajwadi Party leader, Abhay Singh in connection with Chief Medical Officer Dr Vinod Kumar Arya murder case.
Special Judge, Gangster Act, Rajendra Singh granted bail to Abhay yesterday, according to the prosecution sources.
On October 27, 2010, Chief Medical Officer (family welfare) Dr Arya was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne assailants barely 100 metres from his residence in Vikas Nagar colony here.
The police had named Singh, the SP candidate from Gosaiganj (Faizabad) seat in 2012 Assembly polls, in the case claiming that he had given the contract to kill Dr Arya.
SP leader`s name cropped up after arrest of two -- Vijay Dubey and Ajay Misra, who had helped the main shooter Sudhakar Pandey (still absconding).
The judge observed that prima facie there was no evidence against Abhay in the case. He was been booked on the basis of a statement of co-accused, which has no value in the
eyes of law, the prosecution said.
The court also directed Abhay not to threaten witness after release from jail, they said.
He will not leave the country without permission of the court and cooperate during the trial for its speedy disposal, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown