CMO murder case: UP police recovers second pistol
Lucknow: In a major breakthrough in the case, Uttar Pradesh police on Monday claimed to have recovered the second pistol used in the killing of Chief Medical Officer BP Singh here on April 2.
Based on the revelations made by the accused – RK Verma, Anand Tiwari and Vinod Sharma, a 7.65 calibre pistol has been recovered from the rented house of Tiwari in Gudamba area here yesterday, a senior police official said.
"The second pistol used in Singh murder has been recovered on revelations made by the three accused arrested by the STF on Jun 17," he told a news agency, adding that the 48-hour remand of the accused ended this morning.
Earlier, the police had claimed that three were hired by the main accused Deputy CMO YS Sachan to eliminate Singh.
However, 52-year-old Sachan was found dead inside the toilet of Lucknow district jail on June 22.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Even after 24 hours, Visakhapatnam fire 'raging and out of control'; 41 fire tenders rushed
- Efforts to be made to restore NMNH specimens: Javadekar
- Check out! These are the top 10 defaulters in India; Kingfisher Airlines at No. 9?
- Shades of DMK promises in Cong manifesto for TN polls
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!