CMO murder case: UP police recovers second pistol
Lucknow: In a major breakthrough in the case, Uttar Pradesh police on Monday claimed to have recovered the second pistol used in the killing of Chief Medical Officer BP Singh here on April 2.
Based on the revelations made by the accused – RK Verma, Anand Tiwari and Vinod Sharma, a 7.65 calibre pistol has been recovered from the rented house of Tiwari in Gudamba area here yesterday, a senior police official said.
"The second pistol used in Singh murder has been recovered on revelations made by the three accused arrested by the STF on Jun 17," he told a news agency, adding that the 48-hour remand of the accused ended this morning.
Earlier, the police had claimed that three were hired by the main accused Deputy CMO YS Sachan to eliminate Singh.
However, 52-year-old Sachan was found dead inside the toilet of Lucknow district jail on June 22.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai