CMO murder case: UP police recovers second pistol
Lucknow: In a major breakthrough in the case, Uttar Pradesh police on Monday claimed to have recovered the second pistol used in the killing of Chief Medical Officer BP Singh here on April 2.
Based on the revelations made by the accused – RK Verma, Anand Tiwari and Vinod Sharma, a 7.65 calibre pistol has been recovered from the rented house of Tiwari in Gudamba area here yesterday, a senior police official said.
"The second pistol used in Singh murder has been recovered on revelations made by the three accused arrested by the STF on Jun 17," he told a news agency, adding that the 48-hour remand of the accused ended this morning.
Earlier, the police had claimed that three were hired by the main accused Deputy CMO YS Sachan to eliminate Singh.
However, 52-year-old Sachan was found dead inside the toilet of Lucknow district jail on June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley