CMO murder: UP police announces cash reward
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh police has
announced a cash reward of Rs 2 lakh to any person
providing information in the Chief Medical officer Dr BP
Singh`s murder case.
The Director General of Police Karamveer Singh has
announced the cash reward to a person providing vital
information regarding assailants of the CMO, officials said.
The DGP has assured that the identity of the person
would be kept secret, they said.
The information can be given to Special DGP Brij Lal, DIG
Lucknow, STF or the district police, they said.
Singh was shot dead by two unidentified motorcycle-borne
assailants on Saturday, near his Gomti Nagar residence when he
had gone out for the morning walk.
Protesting against the incident, doctors of Provincial
Medical Services went on a state-wide flash strike, which was
called off last night after a meeting with the government
Meanwhile, security has been provided to Singh`s
family and other eye-witnesses, who were present on the spot
when the CMO was killed, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'