CMO murder: UP police announces cash reward
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh police has
announced a cash reward of Rs 2 lakh to any person
providing information in the Chief Medical officer Dr BP
Singh`s murder case.
The Director General of Police Karamveer Singh has
announced the cash reward to a person providing vital
information regarding assailants of the CMO, officials said.
The DGP has assured that the identity of the person
would be kept secret, they said.
The information can be given to Special DGP Brij Lal, DIG
Lucknow, STF or the district police, they said.
Singh was shot dead by two unidentified motorcycle-borne
assailants on Saturday, near his Gomti Nagar residence when he
had gone out for the morning walk.
Protesting against the incident, doctors of Provincial
Medical Services went on a state-wide flash strike, which was
called off last night after a meeting with the government
Meanwhile, security has been provided to Singh`s
family and other eye-witnesses, who were present on the spot
when the CMO was killed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what