CMO murders: CBI seeks more time to complete probe
Lucknow: The CBI Friday moved an application
before the Allahabad High Court seeking three more months to complete its investigations into the murder of two CMOs and alleged NRHM scam in the office of Lucknow CMO.
The CBI, in its application before the Lucknow bench,
pleaded that investigations into the cases were on, and it
requires three more months to complete the task.
The High Court had on July 27 transferred the case to CBI with directions that the case should be completed in three months, which is to end October 27.
"The application may come up for hearing on November 1
after the Diwali holidays," Prince Lenin, counsel of the
In October, 2010, then CMO V K Arya was murdered, and in
April, 2011 another CMO, B P Singh was shot dead in a similar
An FIR was registered regarding financial irregularities
in National Rural Health Mission in the office of CMO Lucknow,
The financial irregularities were detected during
investigation into the murder of Singh.
Deputy CMO, Y S Sachan, administration officer C S Yadav
and senior clerk P C Verma were arrested immediately after
allegations of irregularities in the department surfaced. On
June 22 night, Sachan was found dead inside the toilet of
Lucknow district jail hospital.
Two ministers Babu Singh Khushwaha and Anant Kumar Mishra
had resigned on moral grounds in the wake of the controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...