CMO receives death threat; SP orders probe
Deoria: A Chief Medical Officer has received a letter containing a death threat, following which an inquiry has been ordered, police sources said on Friday.
CMO Dr Amarnath Tiwari told police yesterday that he had received a letter in his office containing a death threat, police said.
"The matter is being probed after a complaint in this regard was received from the CMO," Superintendent of Police, Ravishankar Chhavi said.
He said some months ago, Tiwari`s car was attacked by a youth, who was later arrested.
The letter, which was sent from Deoria post office, might be his handiwork, Chhavi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling