CMO receives death threat; SP orders probe
Deoria: A Chief Medical Officer has received a letter containing a death threat, following which an inquiry has been ordered, police sources said on Friday.
CMO Dr Amarnath Tiwari told police yesterday that he had received a letter in his office containing a death threat, police said.
"The matter is being probed after a complaint in this regard was received from the CMO," Superintendent of Police, Ravishankar Chhavi said.
He said some months ago, Tiwari`s car was attacked by a youth, who was later arrested.
The letter, which was sent from Deoria post office, might be his handiwork, Chhavi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today