CMOs murder case: CBI seeks more info from UP STF
Lucknow: The CBI on Monday told the Allahabad High Court that it has sought additional information from the UP Police`s Special Task Force to probe into the murder of two chief medical officers in the state and hoped to complete it by March-end if the requisite data is given to it in time.
The CBI made the submission in a fresh affidavit filed in the division bench of Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Ashok Pal Singh.
The Lucknow bench of the High Court, while expressing dissatisfaction with the affidavit of progress report of probe into the murder of CMOs VK Arya and BP Singh, had on January 18 directed the CBI to file a "better" affidavit.
In its earlier affidavit, the CBI had stated that "on September 12, 2012 the STF UP provided a hard disk containing around 1.50 lakh voice files of conversations recorded from monitored calls of various persons whose numbers were put under surveillance during the course of investigation. Those available and provided by them include conversations of the suspects\accused persons."
The CBI had said the data was being analysed, conversations were being verified and it could take another two months for following the leads and completing the field investigations.
The probe agency today informed the court that around 70 percent data of voice samples has been analysed. It said more surveillance data has been sought from the Special Task Force that may be available in the hard disk.
"...Police have been requested to make available the data with them. It is submitted that subject to timely receipt of further data available with them, we would make effort to conclude the investigation by March 31," the CBI said in its affidavit.
The bench fixed January 29 as the next date of hearing.
The court directed that the additional advocate general of Uttar Pradesh government to remain present on the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened